New England Jewish Academy is a Modern Orthodox Jewish day school for children ages two through twelfth grade. We offer a fully integrated general and Jewish studies curriculum that stimulates young minds, inspiring students to become independent thinkers, creative learners, and proud, knowledgeable and compassionate Jews.
We seek to keep our job listings current. All positions require a love of children, a respect for Jewish tradition, a personal devotion to life-long learning and a commitment to working as a team player for the benefit of the entire school.
Special Education/Resource Room Teacher
We are seeking a part-time Special Education/Resource Room teacher to provide individualized academic assistance to high school students in a Learning Center environment. Bachelor’s Degree required; Special Education experience preferred. Please send cover letter and resume to Dr. Richard Nabel at .
Middle School Teacher
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated, growth-oriented teacher to teach Language Arts, Math, and Social Studies to our middle schoolers. Responsibilities include:
- Implementing “best practice” strategies in the classroom while recognizing individual learning styles and needs;
- Teaching and mentoring students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one;
- Assessing students’ skills to determine their needs and develop teaching plans;
- Planning, organizing, and assigning learning activities that are specific to each student’s abilities;
- Regularly communicating students’ progress with parents, the principal, and counselors;
- Developing and maintaining effective teacher and parent relationships;
Preparing students to transition from grade to grade;
- Active participation in professional development opportunities and a willingness to grow as a teacher and a learner.
This position is part-time, Monday-Friday from 12:50-4:00pm. We require a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years teaching experience. License/certification is preferable but not required.